CHAROTAR UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (CHARUSAT)
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
Indukaka Ipcowala Institute of Management (I2IM)
Details of Research Projects Undertaken
Some of the recent Research Projects of Indukaka Ipcowala Institute of Management, a constituent institute of CHARUSAT includes:
- An international grant has been awarded to PenCHORD – PenCLAHRC’s Operational Research Group – to establish research collaboration between the University of Exeter Medical School, UK and Charusat University. A project on Operations Research is undertaken by the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Faculty of Medical Sciences, and CHARUSAT Hospital which will be using modelling to support service delivery at CHARUSAT Hospital (CHRF).
- Education Department (Higher & Technical), Government of Gujarat has sanctioned Rs 20 lakh per year for next 5 years to CHARUSAT – Entrepreneurship Development & Incubation Center (EDIC) under “Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP)” for supporting to create innovation and pre-incubation, ecosystem, support to finance innovations and IPR, access to external research and entrepreneurship infrastructure, industry and external expertise linkages.
- A survey based on the project on “Bhuvan Panchayat Project – Asset Mapping at Selected Villages of Daskroi Taluka of Ahmedabad” funded by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Space Based Information Support for Decentralized Planning (SISDP).
- A survey project on“Consumer Behaviour towards Non Branded Paints with Special Reference to Nadiad City” funded by Champion Coating Pvt Ltd, VitthalUdyognagar.
- A survey based on the project on “Community Impact Assessment of Umargam- Shamlaji Gujarat State Highway (GU SH – 5)” is under process. The study intends to explore, identify and measure the impacts of Umargam–Shamalji State Highway on the community, located on either side of the highway within a distance of one km, in the 10 districts through which this highway passes.
- Preparation of “District Human Development Report” (DHDR) for Chhotaudepur District funded by Gujarat Social Infrastructure Development Society (GSIDS), Gandhinagar, which covers education, socio-economic, health-care, agriculture and other related aspects.
- Preparation of “District Human Development Report” (DHDR) for Vadodara District funded by Gujarat Social Infrastructure Development Society (GSIDS) covering education, socio-economic, health-care, agriculture and other related aspects.
- Holistic Exposure Learning Programmes ( HELP) in last five years in which the students of the institute visited and collected data for a total of 376 nearby villages and cities across Gujarat among rural area people on various social issues like education, health, skills, farming, superstitions, governance etc…
- A unique model of ‘Learning by Doing’, laying a strong foundation for the Thrust Area of Research
- The following projects have been undertaken since last five years:
- Socio-Economic, Demographic and Health Related
- A Perceptual Mapping for CHARUSAT University
- Project on “Laundry Services in Selected Cities of Gujarat” funded by Bestow Consultants, Vadodara undertaken with the objectives of providing inputs for market segmentation, target market and positioning (psychological and pricing) of laundry services in selected cities like Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and Ahmedabad of Gujarat State based on Pin Code Sampling Model.
- A survey project to “Ascertain the Feasibility of Setting-Up a CBSE (English Medium) School at Palana Village, Dist. Kheda” was undertaken with a sample of 32 Villages of Charotar Region.
- A survey based on the project on “Brand Development of CHARUSAT” in coordination with Cognito Advertising, Vadodara was undertaken for stakeholders like students, parents, industry, alumni, school teachers, faculty members in order to ascertain the perception of people with regards to factors that are being considered for higher education and its destination.
- Prepared a Project Report on “Health-Care Needs in Charotar Region” that delineated broad outline / areas of health-care concentration for CHARUSAT Hospital managed by CHARUSAT Health Care and Research Foundation (CHRF).