Civil Engineering is a broad field of engineering that deals with the planning, construction, and maintenance of built environment and other infrastructure facilities and are closely related to earth, water and environment. The Department of Civil Engineering at CSPIT, CHARUSAT was established in year 2008 to impart quality education & conduct research in Civil Engineering to cater the rising needs and demands of the society. The Department has constantly been equipping itself with technological advancements of national priority and flexibly adapting to changing scenario in the fields of Civil Engineering. Keeping this goal in mind, the Department of Civil Engineering equips the students with the fundamental knowledge of Civil Engineering, the most advanced technological skills and creates an environment wherein the students harbor personal skills as well.
The Department has about 30 full time well qualified and competent/experienced faculty members serving at various levels. The Department also invite Professors/Professionals from reputed Universities/Industries for delivering lectures on specialised topics. Faculty members do undertake testing/consultancy work (s) in various areas of Civil
1. Acquired knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Social Science to understand general engineering problems.
2. Ability to apply engineering fundamentals to civil engineering and related problems.
3. Ability to identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems using creativity and innovativeness.
4. Capable of analysing, designing and developing solutions for civil engineering problems.
5. To make the students capable of conducting investigations, interpreting data and providing conclusions in complex problems related to civil engineering.
6. Ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern tools for planning, designing and construction of building and other infrastructures.
7. Ability to demonstrate and apply engineering management and economic principles in civil engineering professional practice.
8. Capable of communicating and performing effectively in multi-disciplinary settings as an individual and in a team.
9. To make the student capable of demonstrating knowledge of professional engineering solutions in environmental contexts and the need for sustainable development.
10. Ability to apply professional ethics and responsibilities in civil engineering practices.
11. Capable of undertaking life-long learning, and possessing/acquiring the capacity to do so.
1. To empowers the graduates with a range of advanced methods to analyse and design structures with quantifiable reliability and safety over their design life.
2. Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex structural engineering problems using creativity and innovativeness
3. Acquired knowledge of current design practice and to familiarize themselves with developments in national and international codes and methods of analysis
4. Ability to use advanced Structural Engineering Application Software (s) for analysis and design of complex civil engineering structures
5. Ability to foster the acquisition and implementation of broad research and analytical skills related to structural engineering.
6. Ability to use IT effectively and appropriately to select, analyse, present and communicate information/data from a variety of sources
7. Ability to apply professional ethics and responsibilities in civil-structural engineering practices.
8. Capable of undertaking life-long learning, and possessing/acquiring the capacity to do so.
B.Tech. Civil Engineering
M.Tech. Structural Engineering
Master of Technology Management
Ph.D. Civil Engineering